Cherie felt like cooking up a meal a few days. We discussed available options, time and difficulty levels and came up with this very nice platter that would make for a nice meal as well as be quick to execute.
- Fish steaks:
- Swordfish steaks
- Seasoned flour
- Oil for frying
- Bean Mash
- Boiled kidney beans/rajma, 500 gm
- Lemon juice, 2 whole
- Butter, 100 gm
- Green chilies, de-seeded and chopped
- Onions, 2 medium, chopped
- Garlic, 10 cloves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Egg, fried
- Wash drain and dry steaks. Dust with seasoned flour and pan fry for a few minutes on each side until cooked. This fish doesn’t have a lot of fat – don’t overcook it or it’ll be too dry.
- Mash the kidney beans/rajma with lemon juice butter and gently fried mixture of onions, green chillies and garlic, seasoning as required.
- The egg was broken into a hot pan with a bit of oil, then quickly flipped over so the white would cook, and then slid onto each platter, after a total cooking time of about 1 minute. We like our eggs soft and yolks liquid.
- Thaw the peas.
- Serve up on a plate.
- Substitute with any other mash, though this one is somewhat healthier for most of us.
- Cook the eggs longer if you wish.