We keep this chutney around the house as it’s useful for quick stir fries, an easy dip and even a dynamite mug of soup.
- Dried red chili, 150gm, soaked
- Garlic pods, 150gm
- Salt, 2 tbsp
- Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Vinegar, white, half cup
- Vegetable oil, half cup
- Water as required.
- Blend all the ingredients together, using the soaking water for the chilies as required to facilitate the blend.
- If using for soup, straining the final liquid makes it more pleasant to drink. You’ll also need to adjust the seasoning.
- The salt in this chutney is a little lower than required for a dip. This is to prevent overdoing the salt when using in stir fries that could have other salt-bearing flavors, such as soy and fish sauce.
- Very similar to this recipe posted earlier.