I’ve become quite interested in doughs, breads, flours and starters of late.
This bread was an experiment rhat turned out to be the crustiest bread I’ve ever baked. I used:
- 3 cups organic all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1.5 cups water
- Mixed the dry ingredients
- Added water and slapped it together into a wet, shaggy mass with a spatula.
- Covered it with cling film and left it out, overnight for 12 hours, during which time it turned into a very wet, leavened mass.
- The next morning, floured a surface.
- Divided the dough into two and worked them for a bit, folding and refolding.
- Shaped it into a rough rectangle and circle; the shape of my cast iron containers.
- Floured the cast iron containers.
- Placed the dough into the containers.
- Let them rise for another hour.
- Baked them for about 45 minutes at 250.