Sometimes, we feel the need to eat rich foods without compromising on flavour in the name of health. I do that too every so often, and dishes like this are the end result – loads of calories packing a bunch of flavours and textures.
You can choose any pasta of your choice to go with this dish. We chose penne and next time, may go with hand-made noodles, which always taste so very good!
- Broccoli, 1 medium sized piece, trimmed and finely chopped
- Bell pepper, red, 1 medium sized piece, trimmed and finely chopped
- Mushrooms, button, 1 packet, trimmed and finely chopped
- Chicken breast, optional, 250gm, finely chopped
- Garlic, fresh, peeled and finely chopped
- Garlic, powder, 1 tbsp
- Italian spice, per taste
- Chili flakes, per taste
- Salt, per taste
- Cream, 200 gm pack
- Butter, 100 gm pack
- Cheese of your choice, 100gm, grated
- Melt butter in pan
- Saute the garlic first, then the mushrooms and then the chicken
- When the chicken is no longer pink anymore, add the bell pepper and broccoli and mix a bit.
- Add the cream, mix in all the spices (garlic powder, Italian spice, salt, chili flakes), lower the flame to a simmer.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes to soften the bell peppers a little.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Serve hot on a bed of rice or pasta.
- We used Domino’s spice sachets. If you don’t have any of the two, basil+oregano works well. Fresh basil, even better.
- You can also add onions if you like to the initial mixture
- You can also add other vegetables like peas, finely chopped cauliflower, blanched spinach among others to increase the nutritional density.