- 4 Yellow Kiwis
- 100 gm refined flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1?4 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 100 gm sugar
- 100 gm butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 8-10 cherries, seedless
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and slice two kiwis and chop the rest into 1 cm cubes.
- Mix the chopped kiwis with 2 tablespoons of refined flour and set aside.
- Take a cake mould and brush with butter and sprinkle the brown sugar around.
- Now line the cake with kiwi slices.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and continue beating for a few minutes till the mixture is frothy.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Now add the flour and fold the mixture carefully.
- Pour over the flour mixture in the mould. Tap the mould gently.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 55 minutes.
- Cool and remove the cake from the mould carefully.
- Turn it upside down and garnish with seedless cherries on top.
Recipe courtesy: Chef Harpal Singh, Zespri Kiwifruit, CaLDRON, Oct 2014