Contributed by Chef Alessio Mecozzi
Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 60 minutes / Serves: 8
- 250 g flour
- 150 g corn flour
- 150 g almonds, blanched
- 50 g almonds, unpeeled
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 180°C degrees.
- Chop the almonds, but not too finely. Set aside a handful of almonds with skin, for the final decoration.
- In a large bowl place all the ingredients: the two types of flours, almonds, butter, lemon zest and egg yolks, sugar (with the exception of a couple of tablespoons).
- Mix them together without getting them too compact.
- Grease a cake tin at least 25 cm in diameter, preferably a springform one, because it will be easier to remove the cake after cooking without breaking it.
- Distribute the dough on the pan, trying to crumble with hands as much as possible. The dough must not be compacted on the bottom when you are finished.
- Garnish the cake with remaining almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour.
- Allow it to cool and detach it from the pan, being careful not to break it. Sprinkle the cake with two tablespoons of sugar and serve.