Contributed by Kaajal pradhan Lamba
- 400grams Flour
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1tsp Oil
- Water : As required ( warm)
- Sift the flour, salt & baking powder together.
- In about ½ cup warm water dissolve sugar and add yeast and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Now make a well in the center and add the yeast water and start kneading.
- Keep adding warm water till you get a smooth pliable dough.
- Now add the oil and knead it for some more time.
- Cover with cling film or wet muslin cloth and let it proof for at least 5 hours.
- Take the dough about the size of golf ball and on a slightly oiled surface roll into about 4 inch thick circle.
- Fold it like a fan and just bring the two ends to meet in the front.
- Place them on oiled steamers and let is rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Steam for about 15 – 20 minutes and it’s ready to be served
Note: Please do not dust with flour when rolling out the dough.