- 1 Coconut, grated
- 1 Tender Coconut (with thicker flesh and less water)
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom (Elaichi) powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Almonds, cut into slivers
- Extract coconut milk from the grated coconut by adding a little water and grinding it in a mixer.
- Pass it through a fine sieve and keep aside.
- Cut the tender coconut from the top and reserve the water.
- Take out the coconut flesh from the inner walls with a spoon.
- Chop up the flesh and keep aside in refrigerator for chilling.
- In a heavy bottom pan, cook the coconut milk & condensed milk till the mixture dissolves and thickens a little.
- Heat up ghee in another pan and fry the almonds till golden.
- Add the almonds to the cooked coconut milk mixture and add the cardamom powder.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Cool it down further in a refrigerator.
- Add in the chopped coconut flesh and serve chilled in the tender coconut shell.
Recipe Courtesy: Chef Suprabhat Roy, Executive Chef, Eros Hotel, New Delhi.