Serves: 2 / Preparation time: 20 minutes / Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 450 gm tomato
- 50ml mustard oil
- 20 gm Bay leaf
- 50 gm fennel seeds
- 15gm salt
- 20gm fresh mint leaves
- 50gm onion, chopped
- 100 gm coriander leaves, chopped
- 150 gm water chestnut
- 30 gm peanuts
- 25 gm mint chutney
- 15gm lime juice
- 25 gm tamarind chutney
- 12gm cumin powder
- 12gm red chilli powder
- Deseed the tomato and cut it into dice shapes.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the bay leaf and fennel seeds in the oil. Add some salt and mint leaves. Sauté nicely and let it cool down.
- Once cool, mix with chopped onion, tomato, coriander, diced water chestnut and roasted peanuts.
- Add the green chutney and lemon juice.
- Add tamarind chutney. Sprinkle cumin powder, salt and red chili powder.
- Check seasoning and garnish it well before serving.
– Recipe and photo courtesy: Chef Rajib Mazumder, Grand Hyatt Goa began his culinary career at The Hilton in New Delhi in 1997 and later moved to The Park Hyatt, Delhi before shifting to Dubai in 1998 to work at the Dubai Golf and Racing Club as Chef de Partie. He joined Grand Hyatt Mumbai in 2006 as Sous Chef. Four years later, he took over the reins of the kitchen of Grand Hyatt Goa as Executive Sous Chef.