Contributed by Kaajal Pradhan Lamba
- 6 Raw mangoes
- 4 Dry Red Chilies
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Kalonji ( Nigella ) Seeds
- Jaggery – as per taste grated or crushed
- 1-2 tbs oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Peel the mangoes and either cut flat squares or slice them as I did.
- Heat oil add the chilies and all the masala seeds
- Once they splutter add the mangoes and fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add about ½ cup water and salt, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- When it is almost mushy add the jaggery and little bit more water.
- Keep stirring till all the jaggery is melted and let it simmer till the mangoes are fully cooked and mushy.
- Adjust the consistency by adding water.
- Depending on how tart or sweet you want the chutney to be, you could add more jaggery too.
Remove and enjoy with paranthas.
Ed: Photo from Wikipedia.