Hashed brown potatoes were a popular breakfast dish in New York City in the 1890’s and were served in the finest hotels. And how about serving them from your kitchen?
- Potatoes, grated, 3.
- Egg, 1 nos, beaten.
- All-purpose flour, 4 tbsp.
- Cheese, grated, 4 tbsp.
- Coriander, chopped, 1 tbsp.
- Red chili powder, ½ tsp.
- Black pepper, ¼ tsp.
- Onion, chopped, 1 whole.
- Garlic, grated, 1tsp.
- Salt, to taste.
- Rinse the grated potatoes in ice cold water, then strain and squeeze out all the excess water. Then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with the help of a spoon.
- Take a non-stick pan, put one ladle full of the mixture on it. Spread and shape it as desired. Cook well from both sides, covering if necessary and reducing the heat, depending on the thickness.
- Your spicy hash browns are ready to be relished.
- You can use cheese of your own choice. I have used mozzarella but you can use Parmesan as well.