Contributed by Harmit Lamba
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided.
- 5 links of fully cooked smoked sausages cut into halves lengthwise and sliced in 1/2 moons
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp salt divide.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder.
- 12 eggs
- 4 OZ. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded.
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped.
- Sour Creme as Garnish.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg. C
- Heat one tsp oil in a large oven-proof skillet. Add sausages. Saute’ until lightly brown (about 3 mins.)
- Remove sausages.
- Add remaining oil to pan and heat. Add sliced onion, pepper, garlic, and 1/4 TSP salt. saute; 6 to 8 mins.
- Whisk together eggs, add remaining salt & pepper in a large bowl, stir in about 2/3rd of the shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, stirring once to distribute peppers and onions.
- Reduce heat, and arrange sausages over top of eggs. Cook undisturbed for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and add Cilantro.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 20 mins (until eggs are set and top is puffed and golden)
- Let frittata rest for 5 mins. and serve with sour creme.