- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom, ground
- 1 tsp Pistachios, ground
- 1 tsp Walnuts, crushed
- 1 tsp Rosewater
- 1 tsp Rose petals, dried
- 2 cups Milk powder, full cream
- Chopped walnuts, pistachios and rose petals to garnish
- Grease a plate with a little oil or butter and keep it aside.
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer without stirring for 15 minutes or until the syrup forms becomes as thick as warm honey.
- Meanwhile combine the milk powder, ground cardamom, crushed walnuts, ground pistachios and dried rose petals and keep ready.
- When the syrup is as thick as mentioned earlier, take off the heat and add rose water.
- Pour this syrup in the milk powder mixture (step 4) and mix well with a wooden spatula.
- Pour this mixture in the greased plate from step 1.
- Allow the mixture to set for an hour.
- Cut it into desired shapes and serve at room temperature.
- You can keep this in a tight container for 3 to 4 days.
- It goes well with black coffee or black tea.
- You can add desiccated coconut with the milk powder if you wish to give an Indian touch.