The folks at urbandazzle.com sent over a bunch of crockery and we loved every piece! Here, we’ve used their rectangular platter with an integrated dip bowl to plate and serve sole fillet. Simple to make, easy on the eyes and quite tasty, this was Kapil Bahl’s dish and here’s how he did it.
Pan seared fillet of sole served with rocket and orange salad accompanied by ginger and soya dip
- 1 Sole, fillet
- 1 Orange, ripe
- 1 handful Rocket leaves, fresh and crisp
- 1 inch Ginger, fresh, juliennes
- Parmesan cheese, shavings
- 1 tbsp Red and yellow bell peppers, brunoise, for garnish
- 1 tbsp Oil, for frying
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 2 tbsp Light Soya Sauce
- Heat oil till nearly smoking. Sear Fillet on both sides.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 5 – 7 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet.
- Zest your orange; reserve.
- Cut a slice out of your orange, with the skin on, preferably through the centre.
- Shape orange slice into square, resulting in rectangular pieces of orange. De-seed. Reserve.
- Wash rocket leaves.
- Arrange rocket leaves on platter
- Top with slices of orange
- Sprinkle a little salt, fresh ground pepper and balsamic vinegar over
- Place fish on orange slices
- Arrange shaved Parmesan on salad/fish
- Sprinkle chopped red and yellow bell peppers on fish
- Sprinkle fish with a little salt and pepper and orange zest.
- Pour soya sauce into dip bowl
- Place ginger in soya