This is a comforting and filling dish that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 35 gm Oats
- Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup assorted vegetables, chopped
- 1 cup assorted beans, pre-soaked, pre-boiled and drained Italian seasoning
- Cook the oats in the vegetable stock.
- Add stock, so the final consistency is soup like.
- Toss the vegetables with the Italian seasoning and some olive oil. Simmer.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the beans.
- Bring to a boil.
- Adjust the seasoning and spice level.
- Serve hot!
Tip: Non vegetarians can use chicken stock if desired and add some diced, cooked chicken to the mixture too.
Recipe Courtesy: Sid Khullar