Contributed by Rajiv Kumar Wadhwa
- 1 Full chicken with skin on.
- 4 cloves of garlic. Peel and cut a few in long slivers. Leave about 12 cloves or more unpeeled.
- 2 tsp- freshly crushed-coarse black pepper-is best.
- 5 Potatoes, half boiled, peeled and halved or quartered.
- Herbs as per taste.
- Rosemary goes best with potatoes
- 12 Lemons- large, halved or quartered depending on size
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Make small slits in skin of chicken. Put in slivers of garlic at various places.
- Insert some black pepper as well in there. -good drizzle of oil all over chicken. Lots of black pepper all over.
- Put chicken in roasting tray, throw potatoes, lemon, cloves of garlic and herbs all around chicken. More oil drizzled over it all
- Throw in some butter for good measure.
- Sprinkle salt to taste.
- Cover tray with foil. Chuck the tray in hot oven about 190C for almost an hour
- Check by inserting a knife or skewer in thickest part of thigh- if the juice runs clear-its done.
- For last 15-20 minutes get the temperature high, remove the foil and let it all crisp up.
Let it stand for few minutes before carving.