If you’ve seen the previous two recipes – boiled meat and aubergine macaroni, this is the third one for our dinner last Friday when a friend dropped in. All three were largely made using what ingredients we had available and on the whole our table turned out quite alright.
- Chicken legs, scored
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp dried lemon powder
- 1/2 tsp dried, mixed herbs
- 1/4 tsp Maggi seasoning (yeast extract)
- 1 tsb Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cajun Spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Mix all ingredients well, except chicken and lemon juice.
- Slather mixture on chicken. Marinate for 15 minutes onwards
- Grill in a moderately hot oven till done. Turn once, depending on the oven elements you’re using, basting with mixture. See note.
- Serve after splashing lemon juice over.
- I used 180, for 12 minutes on one side and 5 minutes on the other, with a single basting for each side. A single element was used, to prevent the marinade/basting liquid from dripping onto the bottom.