No, I’ve never actually made this stew, at least not with python. Tried it with squid though and it wasn’t half bad. Try it out… if can find snakes, even better.
- Skin the snake. Chop into pieces.
- Dust lightly with seasoned flour [salt+pepper]
- Put into a frying pan with palm oil
- Separately, make a sauce of tomatoes, onions, shallots, thyme, green chili peppers and bay leaf.
- Put the sauce into the pan with the snake meat.
- Simmer, covered for 5 hours, adding liquid as required.
- Flame and serve
Recipe Courtesy: Paul Corcellet