by Shweta Gulati
- 1 Cup Rajma (I’ve taken the small red Jammu Rajma also called sharmilli Rajma)
- 2 Big/3 medium Tomatoes (Pureed)
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 4 cloves of Garlic crushed/finely chopped .
- 1 Onion medium size ,chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander to Garnish.
- Wash and Soak Rajma for 8 hours.
- In the Pressure Cooker add oil,hing chopped onions. Saute till pinkish brown.Add ginger and garlic.Keep stirring.
- Add Tomato Puree and let it cook till oil seperates from masala.
- Add chilli powder,Salt turmeric powder and garam masala.
- The bright red oil will separate.Add Rajma to it.Add 3 cup water.
- Keep at high for a whistle and them on medium/low flame for 20 minutes.
- Open the lid of Pressure Cooker.
- With the help of laddle mash a table spoon of Rajma.This will thicken the gravy.
- With Open lid ,let it simmer for 5 minutes at low flame.
- Rajma is Ready ,Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with Jeera Rice/Steam Rice.