This is quite a simple recipe, but very effective as an entree or a quick [a bit elaborate perhaps] snack. You’ll need:
- Trim the potatoes from both ends so a cylinder remains. Wash and scrub. Leave the skin on.
- Cut out the flesh inside and finely chop
- Boil some salted water or stock. Cook the potatoes for about 6 – 7 minutes.
- In the mean time, heat some butter in a pan
- Add the finely chopped onions. Fry till transparent.
- Add the potatoes. Fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add a cup of stock
- Stir in the flour, then the cheese stirring constantly
- Add the egg and stir it in.
- Stirring constantly, cook on a low flame for 2 – 3 minutes, till the mixture is thick.
- Adjust seasoning and take off the heat.
- Take the potatoes out of the liquid.
- Melt some butter in a pan and toss the potato shells in it for a minute.
- Arrange the potatoes on a plate, vertically and fill with the cheese and egg mixture.
- Garnish as you wish. I used an olive and a piri-piri.