- 1 Kg Pork, chopped
- 1 Cup Bamboo Shoot, washed and chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger paste
- 1 Tsp Garlic paste
- 2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1.5 Tsp Salt or to taste
- Wash pork, drain thoroughly and cut into 2″ pieces
- Wash bamboo shoot, drain and chop
- Place pork in a pan over low heat without any water or oil and keep stirring for 5 minutes
- As the pork starts shedding water, add bamboo shoot. Cover pan and cook over very low heat for 1 hour. Sprinkle in some water if it gets too dry
- Open pan, mix in remaining ingredeints and cook over high heat, stirring constantly for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Note: This is usually served dry but you can add a cup of water with the remaining ingredients, if you want a gravy.