This recipe heralds the beginning of 7 days of pork recipes. While I wouldn’t call pork the healthiest meat around due to its high fat content, nothing beats a well cooked pork chop. You’ll need:
- 4 pork chops
- .5 tsp salt
- large pinch pepper
- 25 gm flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 150ml beer
- 150ml chicken/mutton stock
- 3/4 tsp cornflour
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Dust with flour.
- Heat oil.
- Add chops, fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add onions. Cook for anther 5 minutes, turning chops once.
- Pour in the beer and stock.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove chops
- Season liquid in pan
- Mix the cornflour with a small amount of water. Sir into sauce, and cook till the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Pour over the chops when serving.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots.