by Puja Pillai
Pizza made at home from scratch. Dough made out of refined flour using -yeast, oil, water , salt and garlic.
Pasta /pizza sauce- delmonte/ fun foods / Veeba
Vegetables:capsicum, onion, tomatoes and corn
Mozzarella and Cheddar mixed cheese
Seasonings mixed herbs, chilli flakes
Make the dough by adding all the ingredients mentioned. Keep it aside for it to rise. Once risen, make equal balls out of it. Roll it into your desired shape. Apply pasta sauce add the chopped veggies, grated cheese with the seasonings. Bake it at 400°F on fan mode in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes depending upon your oven.
Measurements for the pizza dough at home
- 500gms refined flour
- 15gms instant yeast
- 10 gms salt
- 20 gms sugar
- 5 cloves of garlic (optional) crushed
- 350ml warm water
- 35-40 gms
- Add the yeast, sugar in the water. Let the yeast get active and start foaming.
- In the mean time add all the dry ingredients in a vessel mix well.
- Make a well add the yeast incorporated water slowly seeing the consistency of the dough. Should be sticky but that’s quite fine. Leave it aside for 10-15 minutes after apply some oil on it by covering it with a cloth or a cling film.
- After 15 minutes knead it and roll it out into small balls. Will make approximately 4 balls weighing 200 -230gms each.
- To shape it into a circular/ rectangular chapati.
- And this makes Pizza base.