Ok, so I’m stuck on prawns… but this *is* a nice curry. :) You’ll need:
- 2 heaped cups Fried prawns
- 20 dried chilies
- 4 small onions
- 4 tsp gingelly oil
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 10 pods garlic
- 20ml vinegar
- curry leaves
- turmeric powder
- Clean and wash fresh prawns, de-vein.
- Rub well with turmeric, a little vinagar and salt.
- Fry till a crisp golden brown.
- Grind to a paste – chilies, cumin seed and garlic.
- Heat oil. Fry sliced onions. When nearly fried, add curry leaves and fry till onions are golden brown.
- Remove fried onions and curry leaves. Keep aside.
- Fry the ground paste. Pour in vinegar, add fried onions, curry leaves, prawns and salt to taste.
- Cover and simmer till the gravy dries and becomes thick.
- Remove from fire.
This curry lasts for a while and can be eaten as a pickle/condiment too.