Contributed by Harmit Lamba
- 1/2 cup softened ,unsalted butter+ more for greasing pan
- Juice of 1/2 lemon[divided]
- 2 medium size pears, cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup+2tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Squeeze half the lemon juice over sliced pears and keep aside.
- Butter a 9-inch Pie pan.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy, on medium.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture on low until batter just comes together.
- Spread in pan.
- Wrap and chill in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C.
- Arrange pears in tight concentric circles on top of dough.
- Squeeze remaining lemon juice evenly over pears.
- In a bowl mix 2 tbsp sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until edges are golden and center is set.
- Cool tart for 10 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around edge.
- Ready to eat.
Ed: Photo from this site.