Ingredients for Pan Seared Salmon
- 220gm Salmon
- 25ml Cream, regular
- 25gm Butter, softened
- 5ml Wine, white
- 5gm Shallots, chopped
- 5gm Capers
- A few sprigs of thyme
- A few leaves of washed spinach and a few cherry tomatoes
- 3 Scoops Potatoes, mashed (see notes)
- Sear the salmon in a hot pan, season with rock salt, drizzle a bit of olive oil over, and finish off in oven for 6 minutes at 180C.
- Reduce white wine to a quarter.
- Add thyme, shallots and capers.
- Add fresh cooking cream to the pan, keeping the heat to a simmer until the flavours are well infused.
- Remove from fire and whisk the butter into the sauce.
- Arrange the fish over the mashed potatoes, top with blanched spinach and cherry tomatoes as a garnish and drizzle the sauce over the whole.
- Butter thickens the sauce
- The sauce should not be kept in refrigerator and can be served at room temperature.
- Mashed potatoes can be made by boiling and peeling potatoes, adding a little butter, fresh garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper, then mashing the lot with a fork until it is smooth and creamy.