A midnight snack turned into a quite a nice dish a few days back. This recipe is light on the tummy has subtle flavors and you’ll love the combination of garlic, soya, sugar with the textures of omelette and juicy tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup Stock [vegetable or chicken]
- 1 tbsp Light Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tomato quartered
- 1 tsp cornflour with a little cold water for thickening
- Put the oil onto a hot pan and fry the garlic till they’re golden brown
- Add the stock and the rest of the ingredients (except the cornflour and tomatoes), cover and bring to boiling point
- In the meantime, whip the eggs and make an unseasoned omelette. Cover and let it cook.
- When the stock is boiling, add the quartered tomato and let the pieces sit in the stock for about 10 seconds.
- Add the corn flour, mix well, wait for 20 seconds.
- Remove the omelette from the pan onto a place and pour all the sauce from the other pan onto the omelette