- 250 gms Chicken wings
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Inch Ginger julienned or coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tbs Oyster sauce
- 1 Tbs Toasted peanuts
- 1 Tbs Spring onions, Chopped
- Toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 Green chilies, slit lengthwise
Ideally drunken chicken is first cooked and then seeped into the wine overnight. Since I did not have that time, I chose to just marinate for as long as possible.
- Marinate the wings in marinade ingredients for at least half an hour.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Lightly fry the capsicum juliennes with some garlic paste.
- Add the wings, lightly brown on both sides.
- Add the marinating liquid
- Cover and simmer till wings are cooked and tender.
- Towards the end, add a tsp of oyster sauce.
- Stir in the toasted peanuts and spring onions just before serving
Note: Add some cornflour+water towards the end if needed to thicken the sauce and make it stick to the wings.