This recipe is different from its north Indian cousin. Coming from the south and west of India, it differs a bit in the ingredients and method of cooking, which makes the end result totally different. You’ll need:
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 10 beans
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 florets cauliflower
- 2 cups scraped fresh coconut
- 6 flakes garlic
- 1″ piece ginger
- 6 green chillies
- 1 tsp khus khus
- 1 tbsp cashewnuts
- 2″ cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- Grind the coconut, use to extract milk and keep first and second extractions separate.
- Grind together the green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Grind the khus khus and the cashew-nuts separately.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil and fry the cinnamon and the cloves.
- Fry the onions till they become golden brown.
- Add vegetables, salt and second coconut milk.
- When vegetables are tender add the ground cashew and khus khus.
- After five minutes of further cooking, add coriander leaves and first coconut milk.
- Remove from fire and add one tablespoon of lime juice.
Serve this with south Indian style lachha parantha or ghee rice.