Contributed by Jayanthi Narayan
It’s raw mango season and a festival like Vishu is incomplete without mango pickle. I was wondering what to make as accompaniment for the dishes we had prepared for Vishu.
- 2 raw mango
- A pinch of hing
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chili powder spicy)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp gingely oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Wash, chop mango into very small pieces. Discard the seed.
- In a mixing bowl add mango slices, turmeric, salt and red chili powder. Mix well.
- Heat a small pan, pour gingelly oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Off stove, quickly transfer mango into this tadka and give a toss.
- Bring it to room temperature, transfer into a clean bottle or jar.
- You can start consuming it immediately.
- Shelf life in normal conditions is 2 to 3 days.
- Enjoy pickle with curd rice.
I make less quantity as it’s shelf life is not more than 2 to 3 days.