- 900g mango pulp
- 80g caster sugar
- 115ml lemon juice
- 115ml orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 100°C.
- Place mango pulp, lemon and orange juice in a large pan over low heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spread the sugar on a large baking tray, place in the oven and warm for five minutes.
- Blend or sieve the mango mixture, then return to the pan.
- Stir in the warmed sugar and cook gently over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, for up to 30 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Spoon the butter into clean and dry jars and seal it well. Use the jam within three weeks of making it.
Recipes and image courtesy: Bangalore-based Hina Gujral, who is a financial analyst-cum- food blogger. She runs a food blog – www.funfoodandfrolic.blogspot.com and aspires to become a professional chef and run her own bistro by the hillside someday.