- 1 cup Besan
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 2 green Chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Kasuri methi
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 2 tsp Anardana seeds (dried)
- 1 tsp Salt
- a big pinch of Baking soda
- 2/3 cup Refined oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients, (except oil) together to form a thickish batter.
- Heat oil, drop big spoonfuls of batter into the oil.
- Fry until half cooked, drain and cool slightly.
- Cut each pakoda into 4 pieces, and fry these again till golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with mint chutney or tomato sauce.