Having bought some fresh crusty bread on the way back home, I wanted a hearty soup to go with it. Going against my normal defaults, this is a 100% vegetarian soup.
- Blanch the cauliflower, bean and carrots, for 3 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain. Refresh with cold water. Set aside.
- Fry the onions in a little sesame oil (or normal odorless oil) till software and transparent.
- Add the stock. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the soya sauce and vinegar.
- Add the tofu. Bring to the boil.
- Add the blanched vegetables and haf the coriander. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the coriander and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Adjust seasoning (if you like it more chilli or sour) and serve with bread.