For the masala
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Coriander seeds
For the curry
- 2 nos spring Chicken, curry cut with bone (8 pcs from each)
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 3 nos Cloves
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Tomatoes, pureed
- Salt, to taste
- Few Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsbp Black Peppercorns, freshly crushed
- Mix all the masala ingredients in a blender and make a fine paste.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the masala paste leave aside to marinate for at least six hours.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom kadhai (wok) and add in the whole spices.
- When they release an aroma, add in the curry leaves and then the marinated chicken.
- Add salt and cook over medium heat till the fat resurfaces.
- Reduce the flame and add in the chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook for a few minutes and then add in the tomatoes.
- Cook till the chicken is done and check seasoning.
- Remove from heat and add in the fresh coriander and crushed pepper to garnish.
- Serve hot with parathas.
Recipe Courtesy: Chef Suprabhat Roy, Executive Chef, Eros Hotel, New Delhi