by Rita Naik Goraksha
For the chicken gravy
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken
- 4 to 5 medium size onions
- 2 to 3 tbsp ginger/ garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp ( maharashtrian red masala ) homemade
- Make a paste of little coriander & 1 green chilly
- Salt as per taste
- 3 to 4 tbsp oil
For the vade. You get ready made flour in the market but this is the recipe to make it homemade.
- 1/2 kg rice (Not necessary to wash. You can wash the rice and dry under the fan)
- 1/2 kg jawari
- 250 gm wheat
- 250 gm chana dal
- 250 gm udad dal
- 2 tbsp jeera
- 2 tbsp dhania
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp methi seeds
- Make a paste of dry coconut, onion, coriander seeds, cloves, dalichini, poppy seeds
- Marinate the chicken with ginger/garlic paste,& coriander & chilly paste about 1/4 tsp ,turmeric powder, masala & salt
- In a pan put oil & fry the finely chopped onions. Then add the chicken to it. Sauté for sometime. When the sides leave oil just add the above paste 2 to 3 tbsp according to thickness. Add little water. Close the lid & take a whistle & simmer the gas for 5 to 7 mins.
- Mix all the ingredients & grind into flour. To make vadas knead the dough with warm water at least 5 to 6 hrs before making them. Add salt & turmeric powder to the flour while kneading the dough. Take a plastic bag to tap the vadas on it. Deep fry in hot oil.