- 1?2 cup sabudana
- 3 kiwis
- 1?2 cup sugar
- 50 gm dry coconut cut into slices
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp cashewnuts
- 1 tbsp chironji seeds
- 1?2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1bsp ghee for cooking
- Water, as required
- Soak the sabudana in lukewarm water for about an hour.
- In a pan pour ghee and sauté cashewnuts, raisins, chironji and sliced coconut until they turn light brown.
- Peel and puree kiwi to a fine paste.
- Now cook along with sugar for about 10 to 12 minutes
- Next add the soaked sabudana and 2 cups of water to the kiwi paste and cook until the sabudana turns translucent and the mixture is a little thick. This should take about 6 minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle green cardamom powder, nuts and coconut slices and mix well.
- Remove in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy: Chef Harpal Singh, Zespri Kiwifruit, CaLDRON, Oct 2014