This is a quick way to put together a nice and different snack. You’ll need:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Different types of bread (garlic, french, pita…)
- Pickled Jalapenos with a generous portion of the pickling fluid
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins)
- Cheeses (cheddar, brie, stilton, wensleydale, anything you like…)
- Cut the bread in different ways or just keep it whole to be torn off in chunks.
- For the dip, mix the olive oil, jalapenos, jalapeno fluid, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Place the dip, breads and the cheeses on a board.
To eat: Tear off a hunk of bread and slice off a sliver of cheese. Dip the bread in the olive oil mixture, eat whole with the cheese and a slice of jalapeno.
As ordinary as it sounds… you’ll be surprised how quickly it disappears.