This is a hearty meat curry that goes well with rotis and rice. You’ll need:
- 1kg Meat [pork or mutton]
- 9 Dry Chillies
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 green chillies
- 2 pods garlic
- 4 spanish/red onions
- 3 tsp chopped coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2″ ginger
- 10 cloves
- cinnamon, tamarind, salt to taste
- Cut meat into big pieces and boil with some cloves and cinnamon until soft. Remember to skim the scum off the surface and discard when boiling.
- Grind all the masala in vinegar.
- Heat oil and fry meat till brown. Remove and fry the masala well in the left over oil, stirring constantly.
- Add meat and gravy to the masala. Dissolve two teaspoons of sugar in vinegar and add.
- Cook till the gravy is thick.