- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of turmeric (optional)
- Handful curry leaves
- 4 shallots sliced (or 2 small onions)
- 2 dried chillies,
- 2 fresh green chillies, sliced
- Shredded ginger,garlic (or garlic ginger paste)
- 600 gms Spinach, shredded (if frozen spinach, defrost, squeeze out excess water, chop roughly)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (optional)
- 1.5 tbsp coconut dry roasted in a pan
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok-type pan
- Toss in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and red chilies.
- Stir and fry for about 15 seconds.
- Add the sliced shallots, ginger and garlic, turmeric and fresh chilies
- Soften over a gentle heat for about 5-7 minutes
- Add chopped spinach leaves into the pan
- Fry for about 5 minutes (6m for frozen spinach) until spinach leaves have wilted.
- Add roasted coconut + lime juice (optional)
I serve this with dal and rice.