Canapes are always an awesome starters and snacks whether it comes to kids parties or friends coming home for drinks. Finla Noronha has slightly modified Madhur Jaffery’s recipe for making this wonderful snack.
- 2 Large cloves of garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 75 gm cooked crab meat ( I used tinned crabs; make sure you drain them very well)
- 100 gm lean pork
- 1 or 2 chillies
- 1 tbsp of soysauce
- 1 egg
- pepper and salt for taste
- About 8 slice of white bread
- Oil for shallow frying.
- Add the cloves, pork, spring onions, chillies and soy sauce into a food processor and mince everything fine.
- Put this mixture into a glass bowl , add the drained crab meat, the egg, pepper and salt and mix everything well.
- Cover and keep in the fridge for at least half hour.
- Spread the mix into each slice of white bread slice in half diagonally, making large triangles, then cut these triangles in half.
- Heat the oil in a pan when the oil is hot (it should not be super hot as the toasts will burn) (a cube of bread dropped in should begin to sizzle immediately).
- Put in as many as triangles of bread in a single layer, meat side down and cook for 1.5 minutes or until the meat is golden brown.
- Turn the bread triangles over and cook on the other side for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until golden.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain in the kitchen paper and serve.