by Susan John
- 2 to 3 pieces of Salmon
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Red Chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 0.5 tsp Pepper powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin/Jeera powder
- Lime Juice
- Salt- to taste
- Oil – to pan fry
- 1 large Onion, Sliced (depending on size)
- 1 tsp Dark Brown Sugar/Sweet Soy Sauce
- Take a little oil/butter in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the oil is hot, add sliced onions, coat them well in butter.
- Reduce the flame and after 10 minutes add salt and sugar.
- Cook for another 30 minutes taking care onions do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- De-glaze the pan with a few drops of soy sauce, and set aside to cool.
- Clean the fish with some salt and vinegar/lime juice. Pat dry.
- In a small bowl mix all other ingredients to make a marinade.
- Apply on the fish and leave it for two hours.
- Heat some oil in a pan, and pan fry on both sides, 4 minutes on each side.
Serve on a bed of caramelized onions with freshly sliced onion.