Savour the royal flavours of the Murg Malai Kabab and tuck into its mild spices. This recipe from from Gazebo Restaurant in Dubai will transport you to the courts of Lucknow and the North-Western frontier of India.
- 500g boneless chicken cubes
- 1/2 cup hung curd (thick curd)
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup grated processed cheese
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Pierce the boneless chicken cubes with a fork and keep aside.
- In a bowl and mix together hung curd, cream, cheese, salt, pepper powder, cardamom powder, ginger paste and garlic paste.
- Dip the chicken pieces and rub the marinade on them and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Skewer the marinated chicken pieces and cook on a charcoal grill turning occasionally and basting with butter until they are evenly cooked.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and onion rings.