LaLune Jaune or Yellow Moon as the name translates into English is an amazing combination of Pineapple Juice and XO Brandy from Louise Verenant. Angostura Bitters and anise seeds add spice and warmth, making this a perfect companion for cold winter nights. This recipe comes from master mixologist Rohan Carvalho of United Spirits Limited.
- 45ml of Louis Vernant XO brandy
- 4 chunks of Fresh Pineapple
- 1 table spook of Anise Seeds
- 15ml Lime Juice
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- 30ml Pineapple Juice
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Muddle* Pineapple, anise seeds and sugar syrup in a cocktail glass
- Pour 45ml of Louise Vernant XO brandy
- Dilute 15ml of Lime juice and 30ml of Pineapple juice
- Add some crushed ice
- Hard shake for 10 seconds and strain it in the glass
- Add Angustura bitters
- Garnish it with Pineapple flag and serve
* Muddling is the act of taking the ingredients in a container and bruising/crushing them with a pestle so as to release juices.