Bursting withfresh vegetables this Middle Eastern salad is served with pieces of crisp pita bread. This recipe from Mirdif City Centre in Dubai is easy to prepare, light on the stomach, and yet filling enough.
For the dressing:
- 300ml olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice and zest only
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp sumac
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 pita bread, torn into small pieces
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeds removed, quartered
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, cut into 5cm batons
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- Small handful rocket leaves
- Small Little gem lettuce
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- For the dressing, place the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, crushed garlic and sumac into a bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the salad, place the torn pita, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, radishes, shallot, rocket leaves, Little Gem lettuce leaves and mint leaves into a large bowl and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, pour the dressing, to taste, over the salad and gently mix together to coat the salad evenly.
PS: You will not need all the dressing for this recipe, so set the remainder aside in the fridge for up to a week.