- 7 eggs + 2 (hard boiled)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- Freshly chopped coriander
- 1 fresh green chilli chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or oil or butter of your choice)
- salt, pepper
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 non stick loaf tin 22cm x 12 cm greased
- 1 cup assorted chopped vegetables of choice (peas, green beans, carrots etc)
Preparation: Pre heat oven 220°
- Hard boil 2 eggs (about 8 mins), cool under cold water, peel and leave them in water until needed .
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil add chopped vegetables, drop to medium heat, cook until firm, drain in a colander, refresh in a bowl of chilled water with ice cubes. When cold, drain well once again to take off all excess water, set aside.
- In a pan put the olive oil (or oil of your choice), add the onion, turmeric and chillies, cook gently until soft, (no browning).
- In a large bowl crack the rest of the eggs, beat them with a fork.
- Add the cold cooked vegetables, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Grease a non-stick loaf tin with some neutral oil or butter with a brush.
- Cut in half the hard boiled eggs
- Fill the mould to half full, and arrange the 4 halves length wise in the mould, yolk upwards.
- Gently pour in the remaining mixture
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220° and after 10 minutes, reduce the temperature to 180 °.
- The omelette is cooked when you insert the blade of a knife and it comes out clean
- Put on a cooling rack, leave to go cold before un-molding.
Notes: Make sure vegetables and boiled eggs are completely dry and cold. This can be done the previous day too. If you have any cold chicken left over, it can be minced and add to onion mixture.