This is a pretty hot curry, considering it’s made with green chilli peppers and not bell peppers. Try at your own risk. If it sets your mouth on fire, don’t gulp down water or definitely don’t use the fire extinguisher. Chilli is oil based and water while giving a temporarily relieving sensation, doesn’t really get rid of the base cause. Try chewing on a plain roti or plain rice or indeed anything chewy and plain. You’ll need:
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds [sabat dhania]
- 1 tbsp Cumin seed [jeera]
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 Garlic, whole
- 1 Onion, medium sized
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 2 tbsp Coconut, scraped
- 2 tbsp Tamarind [imli]
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 10 Green chilies, big
- Roast and grind coriander seeds and jeera.
- Fry chopped onion in oil.
- Add ground ginger and garlic and fry some more.
- Add ground coriander and jeera.
- Add chillies and peanuts. Then add tamarind juice. [soak the tamarind in 1 cup of water. Mix well. Squeeze out the piece of tamarind and use the water]
- Add salt to taste.
- When the chillies are done. Remove from fire.