by Anuja Nevagi
- 500 gms prawns cleaned & deveined,
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 3 slit green chillies
- 4 tbsp oil,salt to taste.
Masala to grind:
- 1 heaped cup grated coconut
- 3 tbsp corriander seeds
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- half lemon sized tamarind
- 3 garlic cloves.
- Grind the masala to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan,add oil.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add green chillies.
- Add prawns, saute till half done.
- Add masala paste and add 2 cups hot water.
- Keep stirring on slow gas.
- Add salt as per choice, bring it to a boil and put the flame off.
- Enjoy hot with steamed rice or bhakri.
- Do not over boil the curry to avoid the prawns turning rubbery.