This is a nice and quick recipe for some great tasting paranthas. You’ll need:
- 500gms Fish [flaky], roughly chopped into small pieces
- 250gms Onions, chopped fine
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp meat masala
- Put the fish in a shallow pan with a little water. Add the salt, ginger and garlic to this.
- Cover and let it steam. Remove from fire when cooked.
- Mash with a fork or potato masher. It should resemble small flakes rather than a paste. Include the ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the onions. Add the meat masala, fry a bit more.
- Add the fish mixture and fry till the masala is cooked and all the fish is evenly colored with the masala
Remove from heat and use as filling for paranthas. You’ll need to stuff the paranthas rather generously for this mixture. Add green chilies when frying onions, if desired. Using olive oil imparts a nice flavor.