Who says egg salads have to be a mess of chopped boiled eggs in a sloppy dressing? Sure, it’s a comforting combination, but you can do better.
This egg salad is a delightful mixture of eggs, fruits, vegetables, nuts, cheese and flavoured oils that you’ll absolutely love making and feeding to your friends, family and children.
When you eat this salad, there’ll be a surprise in every bite – the crunch of nuts, a burst of moist sweetness from the grapes, the satisfying smoothness of cheese, crisp onions, juicy bell peppers and more.
Nutritionally, this egg salad has very low carb content, some fat and plenty of different nutrients. It’s great as a quick, light breakfast or a snack that’ll satisfy without slowing you down.
- 4 Eggs, medium size, beaten, scrambled
- 1 Bell pepper, red or yellow, chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic, toasted
- 1/2 Onion, medium size, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olives, sliced
- 10 – 15 Mint leaves, torn
- Handful Coriander, with stems and roots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cheese of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Peanuts, salted and roasted without oil
- 2 Strawberries, medium size, sliced
- Handful Grapes, sweet, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil, Chinese
- Half a lemon, juice of
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Mix all ingredients and serve
When you cook and eat this salad, I want to know how it worked for you, the changes you made, why you made them and what your version tasted like. So, do leave a comment, okay? :)