Serves: 4 / Preparation time: 20 minutes/ Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 soft shell crabs
- 40 gm red chilli paste
- 20 gm ginger garlic paste
- 30 gm gram flour
- 15 gm corn flour
- Salt, to taste
- 50 gm semolina (rawa)
- 50 ml oil, for frying
- 2 lemon wedges, for squeezing
- Clean the crab thoroughly and pat dry.
- Make a batter with chili paste, ginger garlic paste, gram flour, cornflour and salt.
- Dip the crab in the batter, and then coat it with semolina nicely.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Deep fry the crabs till golden.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and serve hot.
– Recipe courtesy: Chef Shanmugam, Head Chef of Southern Spice at Taj Coromandel.